Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Happy Spring!


I've been trying to come up with a post for the first day of Spring, but the truth is it doesn't look very springlike here. It's cloudy, and even my sewing project is in Fall colors.

So I've pulled a few outdoor pictures from earlier in my trip to Sedona. The cactus and moss are both on Long Canyon Trail. Parts of the trail are open and sunny, but others are shaded in the cool depth of the canyon down by the creek.


It's my favorite trail, and the photo below is of me in my favorite spot in all of Sedona off of that trail. 


Here is the view from the living room and back deck of our rental house on a sunnier day. I love the peace and privacy.



And here is that sewing project. It's another tiny house quilt, but this one is for my son and his wife, who like rich, warm Fall colors. They get here late tonight, and I can't wait!



Happy Spring!


6 comments:

Julia said...

I saw the house quilt and got scared that you had changed your mind about the colors in mine!

Rachel Desertspring said...

Ooo I LOVE our quilt sherrie! Thinking of where to hang it now! Almost to Sedona.. can’t wait!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the quilt and I'm intrigued by the trail... might have to give that a try, at least part way! Enjoy your visit with your Son & DIL.

Cool Lizzie said...

I so enjoy your blog and read all emails. I have to comment on this one because your house quilt really struck me - what a gorgeous combination of colors!! Thx for the great pics.

Robbie said...

Your photos are always the best...I love that view from the outside deck area...pure calm/pleasure!

Sherrie Spangler said...

Cool Lizzie -- I don't have your email, but thanks for your comment!