Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

"Put a bird on it"


Linda P.'s blue bird.

As I was going through the photos from our last Sew Day, I realized that we had, as they say in Portlandia, "put a bird on it."

Carolynn's bird table runner.

Linda J.'s perky cardinal.

Linda J.'s owls.

I guess you could call us bird brains!



But Nancy and I bucked the trend. Nancy worked on a wool appliqué beach scene while I arranged squares for a pillow pattern that I picked up in Sisters.



Linda P. made us all these great project holders for Christmas, and mine was perfect for laying out the 81 squares and then rolling them up to take home. I love the cheerful colors of Valerie Well's Marmalade Dreams collection.

And I just realized -- the fabric does have birds! So Nancy is the only one who didn't "put a bird on it."


I forgot to get food photos at Sew Day, so I'll show you some from last week.


Spicy Thai chicken wrap and dill potato salad for me at Devoted Kiss after a good hike with Dawn through Seymel Park.

And Sherry's homemade chocolate sauce poured over my chocolate wacky cake after a day of gentle yoga and lounging at a cafe with yoga friends. Life is good!


Have a colorful day


3 comments:

Robbie said...

Now that's one of your best photos'!!! The chocolate!!!!! YUMMMMMMMM

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

OMG, that looks totally sinful! Bet it was delish! Love the projects you gals are working on... very cheerful and colorful.

Rachel Desertspring said...

I'm so happy you're making the wacky cake all the time now! I'm making one this weekend for my friend's birthday. So delicious AND vegan! :)