Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, January 24, 2020

Need I say more?


I just cannot take this rain anymore, so I'm going to Tucson for a week next month! 

A friend and I have rented a house in Oro Valley, just north of Tucson, and are going to bask in the sun and eat Mexican food and sight see and go to quilt shops and bakeries and cafes and the desert museum. I'm going to hike a little every day and look at the blue sky and mountains and take pictures of desert sunsets.

And I'm going to look at houses for sale and maybe move there later this year. 


In the meantime, another friend took me to this fantastic bakery that just opened across the bridge in Tacoma. We ducked our heads as we scurried across the street in the rain, but inside it was heavenly and fragrant with baking aromas. We bought cheesy bread, savory croissants, a chocolate croissant and a fresh bagel with garlic herb cream cheese that we shared there. Later, I pulled apart the cheesy bread a stuffed it in my mouth while I watched the impeachment hearings. I'm saving the chocolate croissant for today's proceedings.


Have a colorful day


3 comments:

Robbie said...

I loved, loved Tuscon/AZ!!! Personally, better than Florida but Florida was where we ended up. There are lots of cool art shops around and so much land to see and explore! And you can always take a trip over to Vegas!! Just for a change of scenery! Enjoy your visit. Look forward to your posts from there next month!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Now you're talking! I just couldn't see you settling for becoming a permanent resident of an area you never wanted to live in, in spite of your efforts to seek out positive things and make great friends. That would be like me staying in Wisconsin rather than pulling myself together and getting myself back to an area and climate I preferred. Now's your chance to make the change to what YOU have always wanted. And I'm so happy you have found a way to spend, if not a month, then at least some time in the sun with a friend before long. We too are looking at days and days of relentless rain (have decided not to complain because it could be more feet of snow!) so can relate to how the constant dreariness can get you down. This is really wonderful news!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

OMG, wouldn't that be wonderful? And if not Tucson, there are a slew of places that would get you into the southwest! Let me know when you'll be there... Joyce and I are planning a day trip to visit fabric stores and thaw out... maybe we could meet at one and have lunch? Woo-hoo, things are looking up!