Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, October 16, 2020

Wooly owls

 
Some wooly owls have come to roost in my lantana! I spent the last week stitching up seven of the little creatures from a pattern by www.rebekahlsmith.com.


I'll let them fly away at Christmastime.



Here's a closeup of the lantana in my backyard. I just planted it a few months ago and it has really exploded. It loves the hot, dry desert climate here in Tucson.


Here's another blooming plant that I saw on my neighborhood walk this week. The birds seemed to love it, but I couldn't get a photo of them.




In other news, I just bought my lifetime Senior Park Pass online, which will give me free access for the rest of my life to national parks and other recreation areas, including Sabino Canyon right here in Tucson. You must be 62 to purchase it. I wish I had bought it when I turned 62, because now only two years later it has quadrupled in price to $80. But that's still a bargain unless I kick the bucket in the next year.

Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Robbie said...

The Wooly Owls are adorable! Nice gift for folks...love the flowers...so bright and cheerful!!!

pkbinns said...

Love the owls Sherrie, and that flower is beautiful!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

The owls are adorable, and I see by the pattern there are also pussycats!
Very cute! I'm going to have to check out her patterns.
Wow, your Lantana are really amazing. I always thing that such intense heat would fry most plants... interesting that they do so well!
Good on you for getting the pass. I hope you get many years of enjoyment from it!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Cute owls and beautiful flowers. Next year I'm going to plant some color in pots. I miss vividly colored flowers!
xx, Carol