Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Happy 90th birthday, Mom!


My mom turned 90 on Jan. 4. My brother, sisters, brother-in-law and I visited them last week at their house south of L.A. to celebrate!

She loves a party and loves cake, so she was a happy camper. She and my dad are both extremely fit and enjoying life! Here's the whole gang:

While there, we visited the Pt. Vicente whale watch site a few miles from their house, where the grey whale migration is under way.

Volunteers set up telescopes and cameras to count the whales and other wildlife that passes by. I saw two whales spouting!


I also saw a tortoise named Nomad being walked by her person along the cliffs by the whale watch point. They walk about 1.8 miles a day on the same route, with her person tossing out veggies ahead to urge her on.

Just downhill from my parents' house is beautiful Lunada Bay on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. The next three photos are from the cliffs above the bay. It's a popular surfing spot, but I didn't see anyone in the water this visit.




They have a beautiful view of the sunset -- this one is from my first night there. I hope they have many more sunsets for years to come.

Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Congrats to your Mom, she and your Dad look great! Glad you and your sibs could visit to help her celebrate!
Lovely photos, as usual... I have been to PV a couple of times - very lovely stretch of coast.