Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, April 29, 2022

My sister and neighborhood color


My sister Terry and her husband, Dennis, visited this week from Louisville. Their stay was too short! It was too hot to hike in the desert (temps in the 90s), but we did have a nice early morning stroll through Tohono Chul gardens.

Parts of the garden were lush with wildflowers, while others were more desert-like,


After the heat of the day, we enjoyed sitting outside in the balmy evenings gazing at the stars and planets. Tucson is a "dark sky" city with reduced light pollution. That combined with clear skies makes for some great star gazing. Just one more thing I love about my new hometown.

Dennis fixed my poor leaning bottlebrush tree, and they pampered me with lattes that they made with their traveling espresso machine.

They also love their dark beer!


Here we all are in my backyard as they were getting ready to leave yesterday. It was a really nice visit.


And here is some color from my neighborhood walks recently. Everything is in bloom!




Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

How lovely! I'm glad you're able to have friends and family visit, and you have so much to share with them there!

Kat said...

Beautiful photos and beautiful subjects!

Robbie said...

Love seeing your posts of family visits!!! Looks like it was a great visit! How could it not be! AZ is a great state!!! And I know you'd be a wonderful hostess!

Lynda Heines said...

What a great visit. Love all of the color in the desert!! Amazing