Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, March 2, 2023

Snow, Botanical Gardens and a Market


I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland in my yard, with three inches of snow!!! (Last year on this date it got up to 87 degrees.)

The desert plants and mountains were dressed in white and glittering in the sun.


My front porch chairs looked mighty cold, and the sheet I had draped over my geraniums to protect them from the cold was weighted down with snow.


Palm trees and snow just don't seem to go together!


Just last week, the Feet & Forks were dressed in summer clothes as we toured the Tucson Botanical Gardens on a sunny, warm day. The saguaros were bright green and had no idea that in a few days they'd be covered in snow.




There was a special exhibit of sculptures made from Lego blocks. The yellow gardeners were made from 46,823 blocks and took 192 hours to construct! I didn't catch the number for the deer and her baby, but its probably about the same amount.


On our way to the gardens, we stopped at the St. Philips Plaza Market, where I drooled over the hand-embroidered Mexican clothing and these fun painted sun hats. We bought lots of little things -- cookies, trinkets, some pottery. It's a great place to shop for handmade local gifts.


And in a later post, I'll tell you more about the F&F's adventures.

Have a colorful day


2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Well, I'm looking at snow coming down and similar accumulations but I'm supposed to be up here in Idaho. I'm remembering a year when you spent a month I think vacationing to get away from the wet and dreary western WA weather only to have cold and snow the first week you were there. Love the shot of the outdoor chairs with snow. They are telling a story - needs a caption!

The Inside Stori said...

Jam packed post......stunning photos of the snow event....didn't realize you ever got snow there.
Kuddos for helping to keep healthy with your hiking buddies!!