Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Welcome, Spring!!!

 

Spring arrives tomorrow, which means the Tucson snow birds will soon leave for their northern homes and our temperatures will ramp up. But for now, we have spring flowers and balmy weather.


I finished my "Spring In the Desert" quilt, above, with sweeping quilting lines, easy and quick. It's in the guest bathroom. "Green Desert," below, is in my bathroom.



Yesterday I had nothing on my agenda, but it was a sunny, warm day and I wanted to get out. After a morning hike, I went to the big outdoor shopping mall called La Encantada and looked at all the spring clothes in bright colors. I tried these tops on but didn't buy any. 


I DID buy this flowery kimono topper to wear to my daughter's wedding with white pants. Or maybe I'll wear a dress instead, depending on the weather. Either way, I know this kimono will take me through the rest of my life because I love the loose, drapey fit and beautiful, saturated colors.



On my hike in Catalina State Park, the golden poppies were proliferating and now blue lupine are joining them. I have never seen the park so crowded! The parking lots were full and cars were parking along the road. There were so many out-of-state and Canadian license plates. On my way out, I counted 38 vehicles waiting to pay at the ranger station! Normally there are only a few, if any.






Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Del said...

You make it all so tempting and colorful! Maybe next fall I will be more energetic and visit Tucson again. Right now I am not sure I have the stamina for Empty Spools, but I am still getting ready. Why do I always leave everything for the last minute!! Love, Del and KoKo

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Happy Spring! Your quilt came out beautifully! And I love your Kimono... I can see you wearing that forever - perfect colors! I hope your temps don't go zooming up right away - you deserve mild, warm ones a while longer this year after all the winter you've had down there. We're used to it up here, but I'm ready for a thaw and some green, hopefully after this week's storm.