Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Flowers and chocolate for breakfast

+
Good morning!
Can life get any better than this?

My neighbor Rosemary invited Julia and me to come over for a "special coffee surprise" today. Now I'm not a morning person, I am a chocoholic, and I adore flowers but am not much of a gardener. So I stepped out onto our porch bright and early at 11 a.m. to go over for my breakfast coffee and found two vases brimming with these luscious voluptuous hydrangeas of all colors. My gardener friend Nancy had dropped them off early this morning and not rung the bell because she knew I'd be deep in sleep. But I knew they were from her because I had admired her garden just yesterday.




THEN I got over to Rosemary's and, much to my delight, discovered that the "coffee" was a coffee cup made of chocolate filled with chocolate mousse, whipped cream, coffee beans, and more chocolate! What a way to start the day, to say nothing of the warm feeling that comes from having friends like these. (Note: Rosemary is the neighbor who threw the Dog Party that I blogged about in August.)

Nancy said the flowers should dry nicely on their own, so I hope to have beautiful dried hydrangeas for the holidays -- a luxury I've never had before.

Wishing you a colorful day!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Robbie said...

YUM, my mouth is watering! i want your neighbor!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Wow! Beautiful colors and what a cuppa joe!