Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Crazy quilt storm



Latest work on my crazy quilt blocks.
The weather has been crazy 
like a crazy quilt 
out here this week.
Gale force winds,
massive power outages,
boats and branches flung everywhere
and rain, rain, rain.
Tuesday morning after the wind storm -- branches scattered like random beads and a fence like a border stitch on a crazy quilt.  
 







Sometimes my quilt looks like a storm has hit as I'm trying to decide what ribbons and stitches to use.
Meanwhile, back at the beach, 
I found a lot of things floating around 
that don't belong here, 
like the piece of dock (I think that's what it is) 
bobbing above,
and the canoe below ...


... and this soggy pillow washing back and forth
in the waves.


The gravel road up from the water was carpeted
with shiny wet leaves and Doug-fir needles ... 
part of Nature's crazy quilt.


 The roses of summer are long gone ...


Have a colorful day
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Such a poetic post. Beautifully crafted, just like your crazy quilt blocks.

Sherrie Spangler said...

Well, I AM related to the Irish poet!

Ladybug said...

I agree with the Idaho Beauty - fantastic correlation! Fall has definitely hit the Pacific NW with a vengence...great that you have such a creative outlet.