Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow dance



It snowed today!

This is so unusual here
that schools let out early
and cars plowed into ditches left and right.

My friend Nancy, who loves snow,
practically sang into the phone,
"Isn't it pretty! It's snowing!!!
It's so quiet and pretty!"



I grew up in the snow of Pennsylvania, insanely jealous of anyone who lived in Southern California or Arizona, so I didn't share her enthusiasm. But I tried to appreciate the beauty of it, so out I went with the camera.


I found snowcaps on the apples ...


White comforters on the brussels sprouts ...


... and all quiet on the potato barrel front.

These red berries were the only bright color I found.


Next I headed down to the water ...


Even when it does snow in our corner of Washington, it rarely accumulates down at sea level.

... but it did today.

Now the Bay of the Green Potato Rocks is speckled with white.



No, I didn't change this to a black and white photo ...
it really was this black and white today.

Hope you had
a more colorful day!

No comments: