Liebster Blog AwardI am honored to have been awarded the Liebster Blog Award by Karen Musgrave, great quilter, author of "Quilts In the Attic," teacher, blogger, and ringleader of the vintage fabric challenge that I recently blogged about. And that's not all! You can check out Karen's blog at http://connectionsbykaren.blogspot.com/. This award is given to bloggers who inspire you and have less than 200 followers. The Liebster Award takes its name from the German word meaning Beloved, Dearest or Favorite. About me, Karen said: "Whose humor and kindness I have been blessed knowing." Thank you Karen! I do try to always inject a little humor.
As part of the tradition it is passed along to 5 bloggers that have motivated and inspired.
To accept the award you must:
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value.
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.
And now for my 5:
1. "Idaho Beauty's Creative Journey" http://idahobeautyquilts.blogspot.com/ The "Idaho Beauty" is the only one of my five bloggers who I know in person. She does meticulous work and gives detailed accounts of her latest experiments and plans. If you love the mountains of the American West, you can also get a photo fix at her blog, since she lives in Idaho and is inspired by her surroundings.
2. Annette at "Too Many Ideas" http://annettsibson.blogspot.com/ I love how this Aussie starts every post with "hiya." I could listen to Australian accents all day because they sound so cheerful, and even though I can't "hear" Annette I always enjoy reading her posts from Down Under.
3. Deb at "More Whiffs, Glimmers and Left Oevres" http://morewgalo.blogspot.com/ Besides using my colors, this blog is dreamy, quirky, thoughtful and fun. I know I can always count on some bright color here.
4. Pam at "Art of Being Pamela" http://artofbeing-pamela.blogspot.com/ I don't think Pamela ever sleeps -- it seems she is overflowing with creative, colorful projects every day in ADDITION to working as a nurse. Lately she's been doing wonderful things with artists journals and some really fun bags.
5. Ladybug at "Ladybug's Lair" http://flyhometoladybugslair.blogspot.com/ OK, so Ladybug isn't a quilter, but she found my blog early on and we've been following each other ever since. She does beautifully written posts about life in general illustrated by her stunning photographs of nature. Sometimes her posts make me laugh, sometimes cry, but mostly they bring me peace. She's well worth following.
It was hard to choose just five, because I have dozens of favorite bloggers who continually inspire me. I hope you enjoy getting to meet them.
Next up here will be some artist profiles
from the La Quinta (CA) Arts Festival!
Have a colorful day