Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Umbrellas and sunshine

My sunny neighbor Rosemary!
My neighbor Rosemary has one of the sunniest dispositions of anyone I know, equal only to that of her husband, Dick. This week she was all excited to show me an umbrella she had just received printed on the inside with Chihuly glass art. She knows I love color, so she thought I'd like it. I DO!

Rosemary and Dick's flowers
Even though it's early in the gardening season, their yard is bursting with lush,  colorful blooms. Dick tends to them like they are children, and they bloom beautifully. Here are a few.

Rosemary and Dick's flowers

Yellow flowers from last year's collard greens.
This yellow stalk is from the collard greens that Dave planted last year. We thought the rabbit would like collards, but she didn't, so we just let them grow to enormous proportions until they flowered this year. I brought this one inside to brighten the kitchen.

I-5 rest stop in Oregon
And here is a little green from recent trips.

Manchester State Park, Pt. Orchard, WA

Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

Not many sunny days here, so far. The beautiful umbrella would certainly help things.

Ladybug said...

Yes, and we have had an unusual profusion of sun this year - for this time of year, anyway. Nice neighbors you have to share such things as the most colorful umbrella AND their beautiful flowers. We should all have neighbors like that!