Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Another Sew Day with the Nuts


Today was another fun and relaxing day with my Twisted Nuts sewing group. Here they are with their embroidery and applique projects. (I'm the only one who used a sewing machine, and I forgot to get photos of my work.)


The five of us take turns hosting at our houses, and highlights are breakfast and lunch. Here we are on Linda P.'s back deck (that's her on the right) after the sun burned off the morning clouds and the day turned warm with blue skies. She prepared a delicious chicken Caesar salad with an amazing herb bread, watermelon, iced tea, and ice cream with fresh rasberries for dessert. Yummy.
 
Nancy's embroidery project.

Linda P.'s Christmas applique.

Linda J.'s same Christmas project, adding embellishments.

Carolynn's lush embroidery.

The tote that Linda J. made last week in
Sisters, OR, during the big quilt show there.
I love these sew days -- good friends, good conversation, good food, and sewing inspiration!

Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Fun! Lovely work... nice to have a group to meet with and share your projects!

The Idaho Beauty said...

What a great bag - I want that bag - I need to make some bags this summer!

It is sooo hard for me to look at Christmas projects right now - even though I know you have to get going on them long before the weather turns cool and thoughts turn to snow. It really disturbed me to receive a catalog in late June featuring Christmas fabric and patterns. Could they not have waited for "Christmas in July"?

Oh well - handwork in summer is my thing - love that it can be taken outdoors. Looks like you had a great gathering.