I'm behind the curve on the trend to make covers for journals and ipads, kindles and all the other electronic stuff that I don't have. I probably never would've made one except for a challenge issued by my art quilt group. So here is my first effort. I like it enough to probably make a few more.
It started when I needed something to hand stitch while watching the Olympics. I had some scraps in my stash that I used for these squares, then I hand stitched them onto a black background. At this point I hadn't decided that I was going to use it for a journal cover, otherwise I would've made the background bigger.
After I decided to use it for a cover, I looked up a bunch of tutorials online and pieced together enough general directions to come up with my own. I also pieced together scraps for the batting.
I extended the cover's size by adding this lime green for the back.
I found the perfect button in my button box. I think I bought it at a quilt festival somewhere along the line. The elastic loop is a hairband, which I saw used in several tutorials.
It's also time for a bunny update. Here is my daughter's cutie, Frankie, who was home for a visit with Grandma over the weekend!
Have a colorful day