Getting back to my quilt -- I already had pin-basted it for quilting when I decided today to add a circle on one of the blocks so that I could quilt outward from it in a spiral. So I dove into my many stashes of leftover tidbits and found this circle that I stamped years ago.
The color worked, so I fused it down ... I fused it down good. Then I satin-stitched the edge to make sure it wouldn't go anywhere. I got ready to quilt, starting on the stamped spiral, and I felt something funny.
I had fused a safety pin between the quilt and the circle!
You can see its faint outline in the picture if you look just to the right of the spiral.
After considering my options, I decided the only thing to do was go in for surgery, cutting carefully through the top. I removed the pin, sealed the slit with fusible, then topped it with some scraps of sheer yellow and hoped it would all look like I planned it.
To get started on the spiral, I drew a guideline on a scrap of paper and stitched over the drawing. After that I just used the edge of the foot as a guide. I'm not done yet.
I like the back of the pieced top almost better than the front.
Have a colorful day