Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Strip quilt keeps going


I'm still making wonky strip-pieced blocks down here in Sedona. I've been playing with arrangements and came up with these three today.



In case you didn't read my first post about this, I start by cutting old telephone book pages into squares and then I stitch-and-flip strips at wonky angles until the page is covered.


Next, I cut it down to the size I want and then peel off the paper.


The bright, saturated colors here in the high desert remind me of the colors in the quilt. This is definitely more of a sunny, hot weather quilt than one from the Northwest.




Have a colorful day

3 comments:

sonja said...

the sky is so blue over you.
"Because the sky is blue....
and it took me to the Beatles' aCapella song Because!
i like all your arrangements with the last one echoing mountains perhaps best! they all are wonderful

Terri Stegmiller said...

I love strip quilts and yours is going to be spectacular.

Robbie said...

Your colors always make me smile!