Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

STITCH and pink projects

Lemon squares, strawberries and grapes await.

I hosted STITCH yesterday and got photos of color in my kitchen before the meeting but ended up not getting pictures of all the colorful, inspirational show-and-tells. 

I kept wanting to take pictures, but I didn't want to interrupt the flow by asking people to stop while I clicked. Pieces get passed around and then quickly tucked away, and before you know it the next person is up. Now I'm kicking myself because there were so many exciting pieces. Oh well, next time. It was a nice, relaxing meeting with good friends and sunshine.


I put out some flowery placemats that I made decades ago and clipped some lush, pink rhodies from the yard.


Continuing the pink theme, here are the two wool appliqué blocks-of-the-month that I'm working on for my Woolies group. I'm whip stitching the pieces down and then I'll embellish them with embroidery and beads.



Have a colorful day


3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Looks like a colorful event even with out the show & tell pix! I love the Rhodies... beautiful!

Robbie said...

Your table setting looks just like you!! Bright and cheery!!!

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love your woolkes! I am trying to make an embroidered palm tree and you have inspired me to use felt as the base!