Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Bunnies and embellishing


My daughter just sent these two pictures of my bunny grandchildren, and they're so adorable they make my heart ache! I just want to hold them, but they're hundreds of miles away. 

The top cutie is Bunners, who is going on 12 years old and only weighs about two pounds. Julia calls the second picture "bunny hug." It's Charlie and Bailey wrapped around each other like a furry yin yang symbol.


My wool rabbit is nowhere near as cute. I added a few gold beads in my quest to make it a little more interesting.


I'm continuing to embellish the other blocks in the wool applique quilt that I've been working on for the past year. I keep going back and adding a little here, a little there.


I think it's getting close to completion. Then the hard part -- quilting -- will come. I much prefer making the top to doing the quilting.


Today is a good day for sewing because it's grey and drizzly outside.


Have a colorful day

6 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

What brand of bunnies are these? If one were interested in obtaining a bunny, where would one look?

Sherrie Spangler said...

To answer your question, Bunners is a Polish rabbit and the other two are mini lops (I think). Bunnies are very delicate, so you should only get one for a pet if you thoroughly educate yourself about their care and can spend a lot of time with them and let them live in your home -- not in a cage outside. They can be litter box trained. Best places to adopt are rabbit rescue shelters.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Sometimes it's hard to know when to stop with the embellishing. It all looks lovely. And those bunnies - just too cute! Easter must be right around the corner . . . ;-)

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Sweet bunnies... I know you must miss Bunners something awful! As for your wool quilt, your embellishments are magical... they add to much to the shapes you have created. Will you be machine quilting or hand quilting? I forget how large the quilt is.

Robbie said...

How adorable!!!! And as I said before and most likely will say again, your workmanship is the bomb! Kudo's!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work on your applique!