Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Color block for March


Here is my color block for March, with fabric pulled from my stash to match colors of photographs that I took outside this month. It's definitely looking more cheerful than January and February's blocks.


January, dark and dramatic:


February, lighter with subdued hues:


Yesterday, all fogged in:


I'm linking up to Nina Marie's post here women-artists-off-wall-friday.html in case you want to see what other fiber artists have been doing this week. Nina Marie also has a nice list of women artists, who I plan to read up on.


 Have a colorful day


1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I really like the dimensionality of this piece, the way the various pieces are gently "tacked" into place, edges allowed to lift off the background, folds allowed to remain, crumpling too, as if these just fell from the sky onto your surface. Yes, I know the others in this series have some of those things happening as well, but it is not as pronounced as in this piece. There's great allusion to what one might find under the water in the peach cheesecloth, maybe a bit of mountain toward the center, your water expanse leading the eye to it, perhaps a sail catching sunset colors in the upper left. Well done!