Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, April 27, 2018

Still unpacking


My clean sewing room table is once again covered with boxes, bins and baskets to be put away. The old house just keeps spewing stuff from dark corners and cupboards. But I'm getting there.


My husband made this massively sturdy ironing table. It came in handy for parking my file cabinets, which used to be in a separate room. 


My wool pieces are definitely eye candy for me, and I can't wait to dive back into my wool projects.


A friend sent me this card a loooong time ago for my birthday, and it's perfect for the studio.


I've corralled my fancy fabrics and notions in decorative baskets, but I still have a big pile of empty baskets to deal with.


I'm sorting through my quilts, deciding which ones to hang in the new house. We only plan to be here for a few years -- just long enough to find property and build a house -- so I'm not going to hang very many. I want to keep the next move as easy as possible. For that same reason, I'll probably only hang a few of my oodles of framed pictures.

But the chocolate sign stays out! Nancy gave this to me on my last move, four years ago.


I love the landscaping outside of our new home: giant perennials and towering Douglas firs. I almost don't miss that water view at all.



 Have a colorful day



2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Rhodies and azaleas - how nice!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Oh, I love the flowers! I do miss having a lot of color in our yard. I don't envy you the ongoing move, but know you will have it done soon since you NEED to get into your beautiful work area and play with all that wonderful fabric!