Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, April 7, 2018

The past week


It's been a busy week, which is why I haven't posted until now. My fabulous daughter, Julia, came home to help me with the move and to bring my three grand bunnies for a visit. 

Here is Julia, pretty in pink. The embroidered top is a thrift store find. She visited seven Tacoma area thrift stores to find treasures for her vintage Etsy shop, DesertSpringVintage.


And here are the cuddly bunnies, Bunners, Charlie and Bailey. Their Easter eggs also were thrifted.


Julia is a great organizer and is also a minimalist, so she talked me into getting rid of this green plastic set. I've never used it, but I've kept it for 10 years "just in case." During her stay, I filled about four more boxes to give away.


This is my thread wall at the current house, but I may just put it all in bins for the next house because we'll probably only be there a few years and I don't feel like hanging a lot of things. I'm putting a LOT of stuff in storage.


It's been mostly drizzly all week, with a little sun now and then. This is the view from the new kitchen window ...


... and this is the view from the old house.


Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Robbie said...

I actually like both views from the houses! How nice your daughter came to help and seeing the grand bunnies is always special!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Glad you have help... moving is always such a chore! And it's good to be able to divest yourself of unneeded things before the move. I try to do cleanout at least once a year... amazing all the things we keep!
I love Julia's shop... what a clever idea! Looks like she's having good sales on it too... good for her!

Julia said...

Thanks for checking it out! It has been a fun hobby-turned-business.

Julia said...

Just saw this post, Mom! I wish I could have stayed longer. You’ll have to do a house tour once you’re settled in!