Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Unpacking the sewing room


I'm still moving. I haven't moved the sewing machine cabinet and ironing table, but just about everything else is at the new studio. The photo below shows what awaited me at the new house today: boxes, bags and baskets of stuff to be shelved. 

Two hours later it looked like this:


Beads, notions, and fancy fabrics.

Sewing books (more to come) and blog books.

I can't wait to get moved in and set up some lounge chairs on the deck right outside the studio. First I have to buy some -- I don't know how I've survived the past 20 years without good lounge chairs. It'll be the perfect spot for hand work this summer, but the rest of the year is usually rainy.


And my reward for all the hard work:


Have a colorful day


3 comments:

Robbie said...

Well, looks like your reward was well deserved! Your table looks inviting for that next project!! Good for you! Love the deck too!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Oh, I bet it feels good to have things put away! And you definitely earned your reward! The deck looks very inviting, and I can imagine you out there when the weather is nice. Enjoy!

Rachel Desertspring said...

Wow! Way to go Sherrie, it's so organized. It is very soothing to see the first picture of box chaos followed by everything so neat and tidy. Hope you guys get all settled soon!