Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Getting cozy


It's the time of the season ... 
to turn on the fireplace


and fix hot cocoa


and curl up with some soft wool to stitch.


Here is a peek at the project I'm working on -- wool appliqué on a cotton background. My friend Linda punched out the snowflake, and I punched out the snow circles with a leather hole punch.


Keeping with the night sky theme, I just ordered this bunny fabric to use in a stroller quilt for a gift. The mom likes soft grey and yellow and has a starry night theme going in the nursery. And the bunnies are just the icing on the top for me! 


Here are the bunnies I have in my entry, tucked into fall leaves. Hope you feel all warm and cozy now!


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

How lovely your fall decorations are! And it's good to see that you are working on some wool again... just the thing for cool crisp days. I love the picture at the beginning... things often turn out better than we thought they would, and I hope that is the case for you!

Robbie said...

Your posts are always so bright, colorful and just fun! Sure you've had some serious ones but we all have! This one is just fun to see...and I love the fireplace with the hot chocolate!