Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Sewing, raining, dreaming, chocolate


It's been raining all month and I needed a color fix, so I turned to two Christmas projects that didn't get finished yet. I'm using the thumb splint while I embroider the wool trees, taking frequent breaks and going slow.


I also sewed together the rows of Christmas blocks from the ladies in Sew Day. I just finished basting it for quilting, and I think I'm going to do free-motion white wintry swirls today.


Yesterday we had a brief break in the rain where we could actually see some blue sky! This is the view in the harbor, with a paddle boarder and his little dog gliding by.


I've been dreaming about moving to the sun and have been looking at homes in Tucson (the Oro Valley and Catalina Foothills) on Zillow. They are sooooo much more affordable there than here in the Northwest where prices have gone crazy. There's no way I could get a nice, 1,784-square-foot home here with views like this for that price. This one is a condo with community pools and other facilities. I'll be downsizing, but I still want a large space for a sewing studio and a nice guest room for friends and family.


Facebook continues to deliver humor:


A few days ago I NEEDED chocolate, so I whipped up a chocolate wacky cake and had a large portion for dinner. A perk of living alone.



Have a colorful day


3 comments:

Robbie said...

Your are so productive for not being in the sun! HA Christmas quilt! WOW!!! I am so happy you are looking to move and what a fun journey this will be!!!! A brand new start...and your own place...for your creating your own memories! I envy you on this journey and know you will do well!!! Especially, with those chocolate desserts you make! :)

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Ooh, I'm so happy you are really looking! That's how I found our place here... online browsing for 6 months.
Love your projects... watch that chocolate! Looks sooo good, but for dinner? Hmmmm.... what would your mom say? ;-) I do love the Minion meme... they are sooo cute!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I live in Northern Indiana west of South Bend. Our winter weather has been weird, much like last summer was weird too. We had way too many cloudy or rainy days. Winter never left for Spring to take shape. We are done with it!! We need sun and fresh air. It's not a completely done deal, but we will be moving to Caliente CA to a basin on a mountain. 20 acres and privacy. Not sure yet how big the house will be, but at least 1200 Sq Ft, a bit smaller than we have now. We don't have many years left and it's time to make a switch. We could never afford the place you showed. I hope you are able to move to a kinder climate too.
xx, Carol