Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Woolies distraction


Our Woolies meeting last week was a good distraction from worrying about trying to find a house. Nothing like friends and color to boost the spirits! 

Here is Pam, who started the group, with some gorgeous turquoise wool that she dyed circled with cheerful wool birds.


Audrey made these cute felt hearts for everyone. I hung mine in my sewing room. She also made this really colorful big bag -- we quilters can never have enough bags!


Nancy made a sewing case with her signature polka dot fabric. Even the scissors sleeve (by her hand) is polka dots.



Donna was embroidering the border of her fabulous houses for all seasons wool piece, which she designed herself. The details are incredible.


I worked on my Fresh Cut wall hanging, which has been my go-to hand project for over a year. 


I'm working more and more on the machine because of the arthritis pain in my thumb, and here is my latest machine project -- spring placemats with a pink and green print that I bought a few years ago in Arizona.





Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful projects, and I love the meme at the end! Hoping to do that with my friend Joyce in a few weeks, soon as it gets warmer in the valley. Wish you could be with us!