Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Fall color, Tucson style

Fall colors in Tucson aren't the traditional oranges and golds of changing leaves. Our fall colors are those of brilliant flowers, impossibly blue skies and greenery lush from the summer monsoon rains. 

Yesterday I took in the colors of Tohono Chul Park with a leisurely stroll on a perfect balmy fall day with temperatures around 70 and the slightest breeze. I also got in a little Christmas shopping in the gift shop.


A soaring bougainvillea shows off its brilliant red against a deep blue morning sky while a lemon glows among glossy green leaves.

The palm oasis is one of my favorite spots in the park.




The more traditional desert plants, like the giant saguaro and the stalk of a yucca bloom, look great against the blue sky.


While I love the sun, the shady spots in Tohono Chul are also appealing. That's a metal quail above and wind chimes below. The park is studded with art.

Last but not least, here's my daughter's Halloween photo shoot of her four bunnies, my grand bunnies! Three of them were born in her closet after she rescued their mom from under a car.


Have a colorful day

1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful flowers! I can see why so many flock to the valley this time of year, and through the winter!