Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thankful


It's Thanksgiving morning and I'm finishing my coffee before heading out to hike with a friend in Catalina State Park. Later I'll join her and her husband for Thanksgiving dinner. It's a beautiful day -- sunny, 54 degrees and going up to 63. 

I'm feeling very grateful that I live in this beautiful Sonoran Desert and have made so many wonderful new friends and am still in touch with old friends across the country. Here's a photo from Beth's Friendsgiving meal last week:



I'm thankful for this beauty that surrounds me.


I'm thankful for my family, even though they all live far away and I won't see them today. Here's a photo my son just sent of his fall squash harvest:








This is my chocolate pecan Kahlua pie that I took to Beth's Friendsgiving. I've been making it for more than 30 years!



Have a colorful day!

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Have a wonderful day! Always lots to be thankful for . . .

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I hope you had a lovely day! Happy Thanksgiving, and I'm grateful that I have friends like you who always make me smile when I hear from them! <3