Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Stitching and hiking


I was itching to do something with fabric last week but didn't have any quilts in the works. So I went to Youtube and searched for fabric Christmas projects and came up with a bunch of videos for these folded star ornaments. They're quick and fun, but each one uses almost a fat quarter's worth of fabric! I've made a half dozen so far. I think I'll hang a few on doorknobs and give the rest as gifts.


Then I made two new spirit dolls to take up to the gallery because I just sold two. The first one is called "JOY!" because it makes me feel joyful to look at it.


The green one is called "Forest," and it reminds me of sunlight glinting through a dark forest canopy.

I'm linking up to off-wall-friday.html in case you want to see what other fabric artists have been up to this past week.

But mostly I've been hiking or just walking around the neighborhood because the weather has been absolutely gorgeous! We've been having sunshine and highs in the 70s and 60s. It's getting nice and chilly at night -- good for snuggling up on the couch in the evening in front of a sappy Hallmark holiday movie -- but so far it's stayed above freezing.

These photos are from this week's hike in Sabino Canyon, where little kids were swimming in the creek.

My geraniums like this weather as much as I do! After struggling to survive the summer heat, they're loving the temperate fall weather.

Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love your ornaments, and always enjoy seeing your hiking pictures!
Congrats on selling more of your charming spirit dolls, they are
always so charming and colorful!