Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, February 23, 2023

No sling!

 

Marybeth commented on my last post that I'm not wearing a sling and asked for a shoulder update, so here it is. 

A couple of weeks ago my surgeon said I could ditch the sling, start driving if I felt safe, and begin 6-8 weeks of physical therapy, 2-3 times a week. I'm getting to know my therapist quite well and love the view (above) from the waiting room.

It's going slowly but surely. Lots of Ibuprofen, ice and homework twice a day. She said it would be about a year before I feel fully recovered, which would be just before New Year's Eve. Something to celebrate then!

I can't use a rotary cutter because I don't have much strength in my right arm, and I can't stretch my arm out to sew anything big at the machine, but there are little projects I can work on. So I'll just keep on keeping on!

Have a colorful day


3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Good news, this progress. Too bad about the rotary cutting but I think, like me, you can find plenty of creative things to do while you wait for/work on your right arm strength to return. Enjoy driving!!!

Marybeth said...

So glad you are on the next step of healing and can start with some therapy! Can you still make spirit dolls? Is part of making them lap work?

The Inside Stori said...

Good news but I'd be daunted by the restrictions.......great attitude you have girlfriend!!