Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Blue bowl finished


I finished the big blue bowl and put on the blue sunglasses for a photo because the blues remind me of warm blue lagoons and swimming pools. Instead of tapering the end like I usually do, I let it undulate down the outside of the bowl like an ocean wave.





Here's the other bowl and the tray that I made this month to use up some of my strip scraps. I still have enough for MANY more bowls.


The colors go well with my Mexican Talavera pot.


Have a colorful day

4 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

These big bowls and platter are great and one would think they'd use up lots of scraps. But we all know, scraps propagate after we put the lid on the bin and turn out the light . . . ;-)

I'm curious about how you attach the end that curves down the side of the blue bowl. I've broken both sewing machine and hand sewing needles trying to do similar endings.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful, Sherrie! I like your ending on this one, very graceful and definitely reminiscent of a soft wave! Don't worry, if you run out of scraps, I think you know whre to get more, lol!

Lynda Heines said...

Sherrie, They are so beautiful and so sunny and bright!!

Marybeth said...

Fabulous - absolutely fabulous!! Gorgeous colors and beautiful work!!