Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Trampled by deer!


We had 14 tall, bushy tomato plants up until a few days ago, then the deer trampled them. We know it was deer because we saw their foot prints.

Luckily, Dave had brought in several full bins of tomatoes before the attack and I spent the last few days turning them into two gallons of spaghetti sauce to go in the freezer.


The tomatoes and I are enjoying another day of sunny, hot weather before tomorrow's predicted rain. Here are some photos from yesterday's walk in the harbor with the Feet & Forks.




 Have a colorful day


3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Damn deer . . . ;-)

Spaghetti sounds good about now!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Sorry about the tomatoes... those must have been huge bushes! Gads... been years since I made my own sauce, and that was from canned tomatoes, not fresh! You're a champ, and yes, Spaghetti always sounds good to me!

Julia said...

I wonder if that's how the band Trampled By Turtles got their name. You might like them!