Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Wool notebook cover finished!



I put the final stitches into my STITCH wool notebook cover last night, so after six years of STITCH meetings I can finally go in style!

The front says STITCH and the back has Bunners jumping over the moon. Bunners is going on 11 years old and is as adorable as ever.


For the inside flaps I just turned under the edges and did a big running stitch with size 5 pearl cotton.



I debated saving the pretty thread ends, but in the end tossed them out. I already have bags and jars of thread ends in the studio ... just in case.


Outside, it's a hazy Labor Day weekend due to wildfires east of us. This is Mt. Rainier viewed from a short walk from our house. We're heading to a party later today, and I just baked a Texas sheet cake to  take. It's going to be delicious, but it's not pretty so I won't include a photo. It's a deep, rich chocolate cake with pecans in only half of the icing because one of the guests has a nut allergy.


Have a colorful holiday weekend



4 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

This is going to be such a delight to use! I love that you included Bunners on the back. Enjoy your hazy Labor Day and that cake...

Robbie said...

As I stated in my last comment, your Stitch book is wonderful!!! We were just talking about chocolate sheet cake today!!! They are so good aren't they. Hope you enjoyed your party and cake!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love how the cover turned out! If you get it dirty, can it be washed or cleaned?
As for those threads, I can see it's time to get you to try thread bowls to use up some of those fun thread ends! Think Sulky Solvy & your scarf tutorial, only the solvy is cut round. Never waste anything! ;-)

jane said...

Beautiful colors, quilts and of course the PNW great pictures!