Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, May 13, 2022

Flowers and a house quilt



This week I made a mini version of the house quilt that's hanging in my dining room, which has 49 blocks. I had the urge to work with flowery fabrics, so I decided to make a small house quilt to sell in my Etsy shop, which I just reopened at www.sherrielovescolor.etsy.com  In the next few weeks I'll be going through smaller quilts in storage to list in the shop.


Here's the pattern. I've made three large versions and now the smaller one.

Each block has a different happy flowery print set against a blue sky. It went together quickly, so now I need another project!




Speaking of pretty flowers, my son and his wife sent this beautiful bouquet for Mother's Day (shown with chocolates from my daughter). The quilt in the background is, appropriately, titled "Garden Gone Wild."


Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love the bright floral prints you used on your houses! A perfect reflection of the wonderful flowers you have in bloom down there!