Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, May 19, 2022

My quilts are for sale on Etsy


I decided to reactivate my Etsy account and start posting my art quilts for sale because I have way too many. And I need the income to support my habit if I want to make more. 

Here are just a few. For details and prices, hop over to my shop at: www.sherrielovescolor.etsy.com



This little tumbling block quilt is actually woven. I made it in a guild class ages ago when I lived in El Paso.


"Spider Woman Stitched Together Earth and Sky" was inspired by a book I read to my children when they were young. (Update: Thanks, Dru, for purchasing this one! I'm glad it will be going to a good home.)




"Sedona Spring" was inspired by the joyful, bright colors of spring in Sedona's red rock country, where I used to hike every year for the entire month of March.


"Sea Glass and Fog" is from my 12 years in the Pacific Northwest, with its subdued greens, blues and grays.


"Organza Four Patches" is a contemporary takeoff on the traditional four-patch block. I painted sheer silk organza and layered it to get the rich colors.




"Joy" is so named because it was simply a joy to make -- rich colors and easy construction.


"Houses" is a happy little quilt in all summery flowers and blue skies.


I made "Color Blocks" to go over my fireplace when I lived in Illinois. But that was four houses ago! It's made with hand-dyed cottons that I bought at the International Quilt Festival ages ago.




"Mandala" is heavily hand stitched and beaded and served as a meditation during the stitching. I made three mandalas, so it's time to find new homes for one or two.


"Waiting for Spring" was inspired by the view of snowy winter woods from my house in Illinois. I used torn masking tape as a resist when painting the black fabric with metallic gold, bronze, copper and silver.


I made "To Weave or Not to Weave" for a challenge issued by the Professional Art Quilt Alliance, which I was a member of when I lived in Illinois. The challenge was to create a piece based on the word "to" or "too" or "two." Mine uses two colors -- green and pink, going in two directions, as well as two "to's" in the title.

If you want to see what other quilt artists have been up to this week, hop over here: a-sew-sew-day-on-off-wall-friday.html

Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

What a lovely collection! I hope that many of these find new homes so you can enjoy making more!

Lynda Heines said...

So much beauty! Hope they all find good homes.