Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, August 29, 2022

Mt. Lemmon and clouds



The Shady Ladies are finally all back in town after Barb and Beth's summer travels! We can't hike until I'm out of the sling (I wouldn't want to trip and fall), so instead we drove up Mt. Lemmon yesterday to enjoy the coolness. The clouds threatened rain, but we only had a few splatters on the windshield.


As you ascend thousands of feet you go through different climate and plant zones. The saguaros are toward the bottom, then you go through various shrubs and trees before getting to the pines at close to 9,000 feet.


Back home at 2,620 feet elevation, I've been enjoying spectacular sunsets like these ones looking across the street from my front courtyard.





The next three show the majesty 
of our summer monsoon clouds.




This one was on a calmer evening:


During Covid I started following Chris Mann, starting with his hilarious song about the toilet paper shortage. Here he is on Instagram recently:


And here is my child who survived, 
with part of her menagerie:


Have a colorful day

No comments: