Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, September 4, 2022

ER visit and more pottery


I had the "pleasure" of spending a few hours in the Oro Valley emergency room in the middle of the night last week after waking up itchy and covered with huge hives that I'm guessing came from a couple of bug bites!

It was my first time having to go to the ER, and I was pleasantly surprised that I was the only one in the waiting room at midnight. Before I knew it I was propped up in a comfy bed, hooked up to monitors and waiting for the steroid and Benadryl to take effect. That was Thursday night, and today the hives have cleared considerably, although I still have a big one on my chest and a few on my back and arm. The itching drove me crazy and it was so hard not to scratch. I can't wear my sling anymore because it presses into the hives and makes them worse.

To get my mind off of the itching, I visited the Happy Saguaro where they were having a big sale on Talovera pots. I bought two to add more color to the yard.


My plants are doing their job of adding color, too.



And a few nights ago the sunset was spectacular!

"On a dark desert highway ... "




Have a colorful holiday weekend

3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Yikes! I've never experienced hives like that and not sure I would have thought to go to the emergency room. You look well cared for! Glad they are getting better. Nothing like a little retail therapy to take your mind off things and those pots are really beautiful. BTW I saw where the monsoons have done in your famous very old saguaro cactus - I think you've shown pictures of it. So sad but at least it wasn't vandals, but mother nature.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Wow, so sorry to hear about the hives! My Dad used to get them every once in awhile, and Bruce has too in the past, but from eating strawberries! Hope yours are on their way out. And very glad to hear you had a good ER experience - up here the waiting room always seems to be packed, at least those times I've had to take Bruce there.
Lovely pottery! And your sunset pix are the best - now that our trees have been trimmed, I get a better view of ours when I'm awake, lol!

sonja said...

What lovely sunsets and gorgeous pottery to cheer you on to mending!
any Clue as to what caused your midnight emergency visit?
Very glad you got quick attention!