Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Quietly astounding moments


So many amazing everyday moments. Last night's hazy sunset melting smoothly through yellow, orange and purple.

The lily glowing with sunset colors 
in my Trader Joe's bouquet.



The lush greenery in a wild area of "desert" where I walk near my neighborhood in the mornings.

And this poem sent to me yesterday by a friend. I've read it before, and it never ceases to gobsmack me.

I Confess

By Alison Luterman

I stalked her

in the grocery store: her crown

of snowy braids held in place by a great silver clip,

her erect bearing, radiating tenderness,

the way she placed yogurt and avocados in her basket,

beaming peace like the North Star.

I wanted to ask, "What aisle did you find

your serenity in, do you know

how to be married for fifty years, or how to live alone,

excuse me for interrupting, but you seem to possess

some knowledge that makes the earth burn and turn on its axis --"

but we don't request such things from strangers

nowadays. So I said, "I love your hair."


Have a colorful day


1 comment:

sonja said...

so love your post today!
with Rachel Carson, rip
Alison Luterman, whos work i look for in each monthly adition of
The Sun magazine
and your skies that speak volumes!!
grateful for your post today x 3 !!!