Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, September 12, 2022

Life on hold

 

I haven't blogged much lately because my life has been mainly on hold. Until just a few days ago I couldn't drive because of my shoulder surgery. I also couldn't sew comfortably because of the surgery. And our summer monsoon, which is in its fourth month, has made hiking mostly out of the question. I'm not much of a TV watcher but I read books until my eyes were sore.

I did manage to do some crafting of these gnome bottle toppers, which only required a glue gun and a few stitches. I ordered the kit last year from the Stitchin' Post but didn't get around to making them in time for Christmas.

And I got together with some friends for a Labor Day cookout, thanks to Barb driving me. Of course, it was too hot to eat outside. 

But a few days ago I decided I could drive short distances and our monsoon season typically is over by the end of September, so life is beginning to open up again!


Have a colorful day



3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Baby steps, but good to hear that you are slowly beginning
to resume your normal activities!

Susan Lenz said...

Hope you continue to heal! Thanks for commenting on my recent blog post. By the way, my first hike here at Catoctin Mountain National Park was the day I was wearing my Saguaro National Park t-shirt! Love your area of the country! Susan

sonja said...

that's a savable quote. last prayer flag i made read ...BE Kind.
medical procedures seem take over/show up in ones life at this stage of age.
antique children, i am one.