Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Heading into fall

Tomorrow is the first day of fall, but my daughter's bunnies don't want summer to go! Look at how nicely they posed for their latest photoshoot.

It sure doesn't look or feel like fall here in the Sonoran Desert! Nancy and I went to the Tucson Botanical Gardens last weekend and it was lush and green.





My favorite exhibit was the Bugonia, a bright green VW bug exploding with tuberous begonias! A close second was the plant-filled bicycle.




The gardens are studded with mosaic benches bursting with the bright colors so common here in the Southwest near the Mexican border.

Back home, here's my front yard today. The yellow puffs in the foreground are from a mesquite tree that's filled with butterflies lately.

Also today, I pulled into Catalina State Park to take a picture of monsoon clouds above the Santa Catalinas. The monsoon season officially ends Sept. 30, and I hope Mother Nature goes along with that. We had heavy rain and loud thunder last night.


Last of all, the gorgeous colors of fall leaves are the background for this quote, which I'm going to print out to hang on my fridge.

 Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Glad to see you are getting out again, and I love the quote! Time to shift back to optimism and enjoy each day, right?

sonja said...

.....my favorite was the Bugonia, a bright green VW bug exploding with tuberous begonias! me too!! had 2 VW bugs long ago and loved them to get me around!!! .....someone in past called me sonja begonia.