Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Fall brings art and hiking

 

The arrival of fall and cooler weather in the desert (meaning highs "only" in the 80s) brings the snowbirds and hiking. And snowbirds mean my spirit dolls are finally selling again at Absolutely Art Gallery. I'm bringing six more to the gallery this week and that will clean me out. Time to make more!

"Night Energy II," "Night Guardian," and "Full Moon"



"Protection," "Harmony," and "Dawn"

I know the snowbirds are arriving because I'm starting to notice more license plates from places like Ohio, Michigan, Washington and Canada. Pretty soon a big chunk of license plates in the state and national parks here will be from outside of Arizona.

The cooler weather also means I can FINALLY hike again!!! This week I hiked in Catalina State Park and the Tucson Mountains, and tomorrow I'm going to Sabino Canyon. Yay!!! This saguaro giving a hug is from this morning's hike 

Some year-rounders hike through the summer, but they start before dawn and that's too early for me.


These two pictures are from my favorite trail, Canyon Loop in Catalina State Park. I love it because it goes along this lovely creek. My petroglyph rock is also there, near the creek.

Hiking reminds me to savor the moments, look at the plants, listen to the birds, watch the clouds and appreciate all of nature.


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love your new dolls, and I'm glad to hear they are going to good homes! And I'm
very happy to hear you are getting back on the hiking trails. Thank you for sharing all your lovely photos!

Robbie said...

I would love so much to hike with you!!! Your dolls are awesome! Just getting to read blogs...hope your shoulder healed well!!