Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Trees and mountains


I made four of these tree blocks and now have to decide what to make with them -- a wall hanging, placemats, tote bags, pillows????


I also did another hike, this time to the lush Sabino Canyon on the east side of Tucson. Can you believe this is in the desert!?

Do you see the little deer in the photo above (and his mother's backside in the shadows) watching the humans wading?

A few minutes later he decided to join in the fun!

The clear pools were so inviting that I almost took off my hiking boots and socks to wade in the water, but I was too lazy. Instead I stood in the cool shadows and enjoyed the scene.

Back on my side of town, the Catalina Mountains showed their different moods over the last few days:


Tomorrow morning I'll be hiking in them!


 Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Robbie said...

Oh my gosh...the fawn was SO cute!!!! And you are right...doesn't look like AZ! Looks like the hills here in the states somewhere. You're got so much different terrain to hike in. Lucky you!