Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, January 6, 2023

First spirit dolls and hike of 2023

 


I've finally got my first sewing project and hike of the new year under my belt. I got off to a slow start because of my surgery (hard to sew initially) and rain (hard to hike).

I pulled out some old fabric that I had painted and did some layering and stitching with gold thread for the lavender spirit doll.



Then I used an old Southwest print from my stash to make female and male mountain spirit dolls.


Speaking of mountains, here's how the mountain behind my house looked earlier this week during our winter storm.


After the rain stopped and the ground dried, the Shady Ladies got out and hiked the 50-Year Trail in the Catalina Mountains this morning, my first hike of the year. It was beautiful and invigorating!


Last night's sunset was spectacular! This shot is in the little town of Catalina north of Tucson, where I went to check out a new restaurant with Beth and Sandy. While Beth drove home, I took pictures for miles as the sunset just got better and better. 


Have a colorful day

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I'm impressed that you are sewing so soon! And these new spirit dolls are fantastic. How great to get out and hike with your friends and to have such a glorious sunset on your way home from dinner. An auspicious start to the year. :-)