Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, January 1, 2023

New year, new sling

 

I decided to be in a good mood about my redo shoulder surgery, even though it means another month in a sling and having to do everything with my left hand again! I tore my rotator cuff again lifting a suitcase a few months after the August surgery and I had a repeat surgery three days ago.


Here I am the morning after surgery icing my shoulder while savoring my coffee. I spent much of the day in my pajamas on the patio enjoying beautiful weather before today's storm moved in. Tom took me to and from surgery, fixed my food, cleaned the kitchen and was generally a savior!


Saturday I skipped Beth's New Year's Eve party because I was too tired, but I did catch a gorgeous last sunset of the year from my front porch. I was in bed by 8:45.

Today is rainy and dark, but I'm still choosing to be in a good mood!

I loved following Leslie Jordan on Instagram throughout Covid. He left us way too soon, but his spirit lives on.


Have a colorful day


1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Thanks you for the "happy" reminders. It really does help you get through the more difficult times if you can find some happiness thrown in.

I bet you'll be pretty good with your left hand after this second stint in a sling. When I had my nerve issue that left me unable to do just about anything with my right hand without shooting pains, it didn't take me long to get good at substituting my left hand for many things. I still use my left hand when using my mouse - it just became second nature.

So glad Tom stepped up to help you out on the day of surgery. Skipping the NY eve celebration is not surprising nor the early bedtime. Best of luck with this new fix and getting back to something akin to normal in your life. Happy New Year!