Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Sweet World quilted rollup


As soon as I found out I was going to be a grandma, I started buying pastel baby fabric. I just couldn't help myself! One of my purchases was this charm pack called "Sweet World." It's sugary sweet but I'm making no apologies! Infants have that effect on you.


I turned the squares into a soft, quilted rollup pouch that blends in nicely with all the pastel baby Easter stuff I bought at the craft store last weekend.


I figure that my daughter can use it for holding baby supplies of some sort.

You simply make a square quilt -- mine was about 14 inches square -- and then join three corners as above and sew the triangles together. Quick and easy!


"May the stars shine upon you forever and always."

The hand-painted silk ribbon is held on with a cheery yellow flower button.


Also, we have snow on the mountains! All that rain last week came down as snow on the Catalinas. But this week it's back to being sunny and warm.


Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Sweet! And I just had a vision of you teaching Juniper to sew!