Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Time to Get Serious!

"Mom: Guardian of the House," by Sherrie Spangler, 2003
I will stop diddling around
and I will get back to the studio
and make art quilts.
But first, I'll make a few baskets ...


Maybe one more ...
These are so addictive ...
It's hard to stop with just one ...
Let's add one more color ...

Then I'll pack for this week's visit to Florida
and the Wonderful World of Disney.
THEN I'll get back to making art quilts.


Yes I will.
 






Have a colorful day!



4 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Love the colorful baskets! Have fun in FL.

Laura Bradley said...

Can you tell me how to make these baskets?

Sherrie Spangler said...

Laura -- When I get back from my trip I'll do a little tutorial on the baskets with photos. Basically, you wrap strips of fabric around clothesline and then coil it into your basket shape, zigzagging as you go.

Margie Kraft said...

Sherrie - love your baskets! Can't wait for your tutorial...