Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, January 7, 2011

Year of the Rabbitat-tat


Take me home and love me!

Me Too!

You know I'm a sucker for rabbits, and you should know that 2011 is The Year of the Rabbit, so I just have to share some photos I took this week when we visited family in Southern California. My brother -- The Irish Poet of an earlier post -- volunteers at the Rancho Coastal Humane Society in Encinitas, which shelters and adopts out dogs, cats, and RABBITS! They have this fabulous Rabbitat where the bunnies live in luxury:




The cats and dogs are pretty pampered, too, and there's also a dog park. The place is full of animal art, meandering outdoor walkways and spacious, colorful, clean environments for the animals.




The whole Encinitas area is conducive to blissed-outedness, if you can ignore the traffic. Not far from the bunny nirvana home, we strolled through the gardens of the golden lotus, which are free and open to the public:





Every plant was perfect, the koi were enormous and still, and the views were spectacular. Surely there is inspiration for endless art quilts here.





Side note: Joe Walsh ("Rocky Mountain Way" and The Eagles)
reportedly shares this view from his home in Encinitas.
... couldn't get much higher.

Have a colorful day!

1 comment:

Ladybug said...

SUN - I'm so envious!!!