Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Art, nature and similar colors


One of my favorite color combinations is that luscious pinky-purple and warm orange-yellow that makes my mouth water. As I was satin stitching in pink on my yoga quilt #3 (above), I realized it's a similar combination to this sea star that I posted on the last blog:


Then I went searching in my files for a Chihuly glass piece that used those colors and I came up with this one on display at the Tacoma Art Museum:


This sunset from last summer in Gig Harbor over Wollochet Bay streaked the sky with deep pink-orange and violet. Those billowy dusky purple clouds are settled over the Olympic Mountains.


What are your favorite color combos from nature that you use in your art?

Have a colorful day!


No comments: