Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blow drying the Solvy


I think I've solved the problem of the sticking Sulky Solvy from the last post. Thanks to everyone's comments, I decided to zero in on the idea that the stickiness might be caused by the high humidity here in western Washington (which we have about 11 months out of the year). In a blast of creativity and laziness, I thought:

Maybe I can blow dry it!


It worked! Just before stitching the Solvy sandwich, I blasted it with the hair dryer for a few seconds on each side. I stitched the whole scarf with only a little sticking, and as soon as I blew it again with the dryer I was good to go. I took the final result outside to photograph it against our Japanese maple.

Thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions.

Have a colorful day

3 comments:

Judys Fiber Art said...

Thanks for posting the solution to this problem, as I plan to do this project soon. Your scarf looks wonderful. Hope I get good results.

Annette said...

That is wonderful, simple solution freely given. Well done..

hugs

Diane Doran said...

Good thinking, and the scarf is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your tip.