Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, October 28, 2011

Clouds like snow

From my airplane window


Clouds
like
snow


"Clouds like snow." That's all I could think of as I flew over these clouds somewhere east of Seattle. The sky, its colors, its clouds, the atmosphere have been my main artistic inspiration for a long time. (The quilt from the last post was inspired by outer space photos taken by the Hubble.)

I'm preparing another blog post with more cloud photos from my recent Northwest travels -- the only problem is trying to narrow down the selection! Be back soon.

Have a colorful day

1 comment:

Ladybug said...

Aaah, the sky. I expressed my feelings for it in my recent post:

http://flyhometoladybugslair.blogspot.com/2011/10/sky-in-my-soul.html

I wonder if many (most?) of us don't feel some connection to it, although it's not expressed and maybe not even realized. It is a source of inspiration for a great many artists, I'm sure. Can't wait to see these pictures as they transform into your work...